- PNA Submissions to HUD must be done through the new PNA tool
- PHAs will have one year to submit PNAs and energy audits using the new tool
- Previous HUD requirements exempted small PHAs. All PHAs must now use the new tool
- HUD PIC data must be fully reviewed, edited, and accurate down to the building and unit level detail (before the assessment can be started)
- The new rule has minimum GPNA Training and qualification requirements
- The new HUD PNA tool requires using an approved cost index
SEARCH BY: TRAINING COURSES
LEED Exam Prep
- SEARCH BY: LOCATIONS
- CAREER TOOLBOX + RESOURCES
- PARTNER WITH US
- ABOUT USGPNA Training
GPNA TrainingKaplan Clean Tech's GPNA Software course aligns with the new Green Physical Needs Assessment tool developed by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and tools needed to effectively perform a green physical needs assessment.Kaplan Clean Tech's GPNA Software course aligns with the new Green Physical Needs Assessment tool developed by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and tools needed to effectively perform a green physical needs assessment.What is the New Green PNA Rule?
Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) receive over $2 billion each year to develop and modernize public housing. But until this point, there was no way to measure the effectiveness of these funds, especially with energy efficiency.
Because of this, HUD has released a Green Physical Needs Assessment (GPNA) tool to assess the life cycle needs of public housing units andbuildings.
This tool will enable HUD and PHAs to measure the impact of funding and develop management practices to implement capital towards the most effective energy efficiency solutions. It is important that PHAs receive the proper GPNA training to be able to fulfill their HUD obligations.What are the HUD Obligations?What You'll Learn
Kaplan Clean Tech's one or two day GPNA training prepares participants to conduct assessments using the new Green PNA tool.
- Identifying and prioritizing work to be performed using Capital Funds
- Making long-term strategic decisions regarding housing portfolios
- Evaluating decisions on the developmental level.
- Prepare for an assessment
- Conduct a PNA
- Review and revise data.
- Identifying the four main Needs Components
- 1 day GPNA overview
-Both Options Include-
- 2 day GPNA Training Course
- All tools needed to submit, review and edit a GPNA
- Blank version of the new GPNA tool
- Overview of approved cost indexes
One day GPNA overview: $595
Two day GPNA course: $995
Course LocationsSelect a location for additional class details
Kaplan Clean Tech Offers On-Site Training at Your Location, On Your Schedule.
Course ReviewsDominic BianchiNovember 13, 2013
"The handbooks are an excellent resource you will use over and over"Conrad MastersFebruary 12, 2013 "This was an enriching experience, it opens many doors"Colin JonesNovember 19, 2012 "The instructor was an expert and provided clear advice"Clint GosselingNovember 10, 2012 "The trainer was very good and concise"Christopher GunnDecember 5, 2012 "Many cities are now performing regular audits, there are many opportunities after this course"Channing GoslingNovember 29, 2012 "The material is detailed and well written"Carlos PerezMarch 12, 2102 "This course is very specialized, very few training companies offer it"Caleb JohnstonJune 29, 2013 "The instructor was a true expert and provided useful tools"Brian ContrerasAugust 13, 2013 "This is a key skill for urban development, I am glad I could get certified so quickly "Brandon CruzFebruary 21, 2013 "Thanks to Kaplan Clean Tech I was able to finance this course and now I am off to better positions!"Blaine PotterApril 11, 2013 "This certification can help you in any city with aging infrastructure, I am glad I came to Kaplan Clean Tech" See All 11 ReviewsYour review will be published shortly. Thank you!
New ReviewWrite a new review for: GPNA Training
- SEARCH BY: LOCATIONS